78 Woodhill Mountain Road BERRY, NSW 2535$3,650,000
LIFESTYLE AND/OR INCOME
House - BERRY NSW
Make a lifestyle choice and buy your own award-winning resort in picturesque countryside, with only a short walk to the centre of ever fashionable Berry. Or easily convert into your own sumptuous home this original 120-year-old 2-bedroom farmhouse which flows through to the modern 5 suite guesthouse addition.
With sweeping views north and east to the escarpment and west to Berry Mountain, this tastefully renovated 120-year-old historic farm house with 5-suite guesthouse is an ideal country resort to entertain friends and family.
The original two-bedroom farmhouse has a modern but sympathetic, architect-designed extension comprising 5 bedrooms all with ensuites, private sitting rooms and private gardens.
The home, which has at its centre a new spacious living, dining and commercial kitchen space opening out to sunny private terraces and gardens, offers a seamless blend of indoor and outdoor living.
- Air-conditioned throughout plus underfloor heating and three fireplaces
- Double garage/workshop and storage sheds
- Town water plus tank water
- Outdoor entertainment area with in-ground solar-heated swimming pool, resurfaced tennis court, tennis shed, outdoor kitchen and wood-fired pizza oven
- Established gardens and orchards
- Beautifully appointed private lawns, water features and gardens with established trees
- The permanent Broughton Mill Creek, which is one of the property’s boundaries, is home to platypus, bass, and a myriad of other birdlife including hummingbirds and black cockatoos.
- An Active DA exists for a separate dwelling on the property and this has its own road entry to a ¾ acre paddock.
- While the property is ideal for use as a private home, and is not being sold as a business, it is presently an award-winning guesthouse and has also gained fame from the cooking schools held in the large commercial kitchen and living space.
Water plays a key role in rural lifestyle properties and while this acreage offers the benefits of out-of-town countryside living, it is connected to town water. The tanks on the property are a bonus and provide water for the gardens and fountains.
The 3.5 acres (1.43 ha) of gardens contain a solar heated in-ground saltwater pool, resurfaced tennis court, tennis shed and entertainment area, with shaded outdoor kitchen and wood-fired oven, as well as orchards, a large formal vegetable garden, a chicken run with shed, and the permanent Broughton Mill Creek.
The property is only 8 minutes by car to Seven Mile Beach, Gerroa, and is only a 2-minute bike ride or 5 minute walk into historic Berry’s restaurants, cafes and boutique shops.
Land size: 1.436 ha or 3.5 acres